mc.dogecraft.net |

01Vanna's Intern Application

Minecraft Username: 01Vanna

Discord Username (ID): savannah#9617

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? Yes.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? No, but I can.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? No.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? My schedule is kinda all over the place but I usually am able to get on every day even if it's just for a couple of hours. My most available days are Fridays and the weekend. For specifics: Mondays after 5pm CST, Tuesdays after 3pm CST, Wednesdays not until 9pm CST, Thursdays after 11am CST, and Fridays usually after 3pm CST. These are subject to change though, because I am in college and I am involved with an organization which I am the President of, so my schedule can be iffy but I manage my time well, so I will make it work.

What is encouraging you to become a Intern on DogeCraft? I've been on this server about a year now (I believe, even though I just recently joined the forums) and I have genuinely enjoyed my experience. I haven't been able to find such an active and fun server in a long time. Although I took a long hiatus from Minecraft, YEARS... I am learning a lot of the new aspects to the newer version of Minecraft but I feel confident that I have learned a lot. Plus, I like helping people and I like answering people's questions. I think being someone that helps others is important and helps the retention rate on a server stay high.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I have prior experience, I am reliable and I like to help other people. I don't carry any sort of bias or discrimination towards any one on the server, and I like meeting new people. I work hard at anything I do, and I always try to be the best that I can be whenever I do something. I definitely would not disappoint and would work hard at any task at-hand and ensure that I am the best that I can be.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details. No, but I once got told to be careful on the amount of characters I used. I believe I said "sooooo" but I didn't even get warned for this, just staff in chat told me to be careful about how many letters/characters I use. No previous warnings/bans.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) Well, in my organization I have frequent reliability issues of others on the executive board, and I messaged everyone in our group chat about the incident that had happened. Basically, my VP did not show up for a meeting and left me hanging and I was upset about it. Even though it was not intentional, I came off as attacking her and being direct with her even though that wasn't the case. I discussed it in person and I apologized and I explained that what I said was meant for everyone, and I was only addressing her because she had previously said something directed to me in the group chat. I learned to just be more careful about the words I use, and to remember that everyone can perceive things that you say differently and to be mindful of that.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I enjoy reading (when I can), I enjoy being active at my college through my organization, I do volunteer events, community events, I enjoy painting, I like writing poetry, playing video-games, and spending time with friends/family.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? Yes, a while ago I was a moderator for a server called RoTC (that has now died, rip) and it took me about 2 years to get the position I did but I really really worked for it. I was a moderator on the server but I also had mute, tempban, and permban capabilities on the server.

What would help keep you motivated to advance your position within the staff team? Being able to enjoy what I do and have people who are actively involved on the server, and having a good staff team that knows how to communicate and help me with things that I may need help with.