mc.dogecraft.net |

red_man234's Intern Application

Minecraft Username:
    red_man234

Discord Username (ID):
    red_man234#5116

Timezone:
    Norway (GMT +1)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone?
    Yes

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur?
    Yes, I use LightShot and/or SnippingTool

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?
    Yes, I use the Xbox Game bar (built into windows 10)

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)?
    I speak Norwegian and English, i can also understand Swedish quite good, due to it being quite similar to Norwegian, but I do not speak it very well. I can also understand but not talk Danish.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?
    Weekdays (exept Tuesday) from 3-5 hours a day
    Tuesdays about 4-7 Hours depending if i need to go to work after school (which is rare)
    Saturdays depends alot on if i have work or not. If i have work, I play about 5 Hours, if not I might play a few hours more than that.
    Sundays I play about 5-6 hours

What is encouraging you to become a Intern on DogeCraft?
    I love the community, and i also love helping people out! I feel like i would be able to help a lot of people with whatever their troubles might be, and this will also make me glad, which encourages me to keep going. I am already active by helping people when they have questions in chat and giving advice to people when asked. This makes me feel like a part of something big, and happy about myself for being useful for something that can help others out.
    I enjoy having responsibility and to do what I am supposed to do, so I therefore feel like being a part of the staff team and helping others will make me enjoy the server even more than I already do.

I also truly love the concept of the server, with it having SlimeFun, Creative and Survival mode. I love the community of the server, with it being friendly to all its players, and being open for anyone, and having a concept for anyone, again with the technical SlimeFun for the ones wanting a twist from regular survival with all its components, and creative for the more creative people out there, and a survival server for those who just want to enjoy the vanilla game and have fun, with few but simple and needed plugins such as landprotection and coustum items (referring to the Alexandrite DogeShite and Bloodstone gems to make coustum tools and items). This is the first server I have actively played on in a few years, and I instantly loved it. Again, with the community being helpful and including, and staff being respectful and fun!

Why should we choose you over other applicants?
    Because I honestly and truly want to help out, and i have fallen in love with the server in a way I have never done with a server before. I feel like most of the community likes me, and like I would be a good contribution to the server by being able to help more people out. I would like to think I can be serious when needed be, but I am also a fun individual, who likes to make jokes and lighten up the mood. I also want to put in here that I realise when my jokes go too far and have nothing against apologising if I go to far or if I feel like I have done wrong. I would also like to say that I will act more professionally if I am accepted to be a part of the staff, as an Intern.

I am quite active on the server, and as an Intern I will also keep an eye more out on discord in order to help as many people as possible even when I am away from my computer and unable to help while being in game. This I will do by talking to people in game chat using the discord for the Survival, SlimeFun and Creative groups.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details.
    I have been Muted on MinePlex, this was many years ago, when I got told by a friend to post links to a website that would reward you when people clicked the link. I have since realised that this was a huge mistake as it was all a fake website, and since I could have causes harm to other players. I have recently requested a unmute on MinePlex because I have realised that what I did was wrong, and will obviously never do such things again.
    Other than this I have never been banned or punished, or even warned as far as I can remember, on any servers.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything)
    I made a mistake at work (a retail store) where I were supposed to hold off a product for a costumer, but because of me getting distracted while writing down the paper I were to print on the paper we use to name the costumer we hold products of for, I didn’t save nor print the paper. The distraction brought me away from the computer, and in the meanwhile, I were away from the computer, a co-worker deleted this word-note, and therefore I didn’t know how to contact the costumer. I resolved this by running out of the store and into the hall of the mall I work in and running around trying to find the costumer. I found him down the hall, which was really lucky since it was quite crowded, and got his information.

This incidence made me more cautious to finish one task at a time, and I have since been way more careful that I should take the time I need before beginning on the next task, and this I think will be a good thing as an intern, as I will therefore be able to keep my concentration on helping someone, before going to help someone else, or going to help on my own creation.
    (I am sorry if the mistake lacks details, I must be careful about what I write since I can not talk about the products nor any description of the costumers in any way)

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
    Not directly hobbies, but I frequently go out with my friends, as in going on cabin trips, going to concerts and going bowling or such with my friends, as well as me actively going out during the weekends.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?
    I went from Helper-> Admin-> Co-Owner on a server from about 2012 to 2015, on a server that went trough changes from everything between kitpvp, PrisonBreak Factions Skyblock and Survival, and helped catching PvP hackers, X-Rayers and such, as well as generally helping players when it was needed. I was liked really good on the server. This proven by the fact that this server had a website to report any mistakes done my the staff, and most other staff members were reported several times, but during the last two years we had this systems, only one complaint were made about me, and this was because the one who complained were muted for saying the N-word, and he claimed that it was racist that he was not allowed to say that word, because of him saying its not racist if he is a in his words n-word as well. This complaint was obviously not taken further because of the content of the complaint.

I am also a (sorry if this is wrong as I had to google the English term) HSE leader at the retail store I work for. This means that I am the one in charge of the health, security and working environment at the store I work at, and this makes it so if any of our co-workers have a problem or concern about the workplace or their/our costumers health, they talk to me before I take action where it has to be done, or take it up with the owner if there are needs for it. This position requires me to be helpful and understandable over my co-worker’s needs and such. This has helped me as a person become more understanding and to not be shy to take on problems that shows themselves.

What would help keep you motivated to advance your position within the staff team?
    I will try to help people in every way possible, and therefore I will want to progress as a part of the team as this will enable me to be more helpful as time progresses.
    I also feel like the feedback and such from the players on the server will be a big motivation for me as I will feel personal growth and achievements when people actually find me helpful and show that I contribute to their wellbeing and experience of the server.

I am sorry if this application is a bit long, but I want to include every detail of why I want to be a part of the server staff, and therefore chose to raghter include what I want to say than to cut down on the content and risk not including important information.

If there are any questions regarding my application, please contact me on Discord or MSG me in game