mc.dogecraft.net |

Klarence helper application

Minecraft Username: Klarence_

Discord Username (ID): Hobart#6768, but my nickname in the Discord server is Klarence.

Timezone: Central Standard Time (American style)

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? I have access to discord, but I don't have consistent access to using a microphone. I technically have a microphone, but my mother does not permit me to use it.

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? I honestly use windows snipping tool, it works fine. I have Imgur, but haven't had a use for it.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? The closest I can get is holding my phone and directly recording off the screen, but I do.

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? I know a minuscule amount of Spanish, but it is very rusty and limited. For all intensive purposes, no.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? It depends on how my school schedule works out. I can get out about 3 hours in one night, maximum, from about 9 PM to 12 AM in my timezone. On weekdays, I can only get on, best case scenario, 45 minutes during the morning in school study hall, and 2 hours from 8 PM to 10 PM. This opens up widely during school breaks. This may be trimmed down due to bowling season. This adds up to 21 hours a week, barring any extra time I may find to spend on here, and will possibly be more during the summer.

What is encouraging you to become a Helper on DogeCraft? I really like the community here. It is small, and closely knit, and deals with the shenanigans of my "projects" very well. It is honestly one of the few servers I have joined that I actually felt like I belonged in, everybody is very friendly. I also have noticed a few issues and a few darker topics being discussed that could make users uncomfortable, and apparently the staff team has been feeling overwhelmed, as of about three weeks ago, so I want to help out and alleviate these concerns, because the staff here are nice folks, and I would be honored to serve with them, and serve the community.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?
    First, unlike other applicants, although they may be able to be on longer, I can be on at consistent times, barring homework. You can count on me to dedicate being on at some time during the day, even if it's not too long, to fulfill my duties. I also profusely check the discord server, in case that needs any moderation. Second, there is obvious proof I am committed to this server, given by the fact I have built , at least 2000 meters of road with the goal of reaching the world border. Third, although less important, it may be a good idea to have a staff member who didn't donate real money to the server, to balance the staff team and to represent those who cannot donate due to not having a credit card. Fourth, although I am not necessarily the brightest person in the world, I'll admit it, and find and attempt to improve the things that I am doing incorrectly while on staff. I'm honest with myself, and will admit my mistakes, which is the first step towards fixing them. Finally, I have experience with moderating chat in roleplay discords, which is a later section, but this will supplement my ability to moderate chat.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details.
    This is a long story, but I have been hub banned from a network, Pixelspark Pixelmon, about a year ago. The ban has since been lifted sometime in the last year. The events of this ban begin with the resignation of a manager of one of the network servers, and the remainder of the staff resigning with him. The staff who resigned were all unjustly banned. Also, for the last month in the server, I noticed some staff corruption going on, with preference given to those who rubbed the tummy of the manager. After this went down, I made the joke that everybody should charge back their purchases, in a completely unrelated discord, which was outside the network, and therefore should not affect network affairs, and was hub banned for this, to the dismay of a fair amount of staff members on the server. I'll admit, I was not the best in reacting to this situation, however, the network was not correct either. Beyond that point, I've mellowed out a fair amount.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
    In the last year, I made the rather significant mistake of shifting the car into park while the car was moving, immediately before my driving test. This upset my father, for obvious reasons, as this could cause permanent damage to the transmission. After he scolded me for such mistake, I dealt with this mistake in a rather standard fashion: recognize the mistake, realize it was bad, and then don't do it again, for fear of further consequence. I learned that, although some things may be easy, such as driving, this should not be reason to be caught up in simple mistakes, as it could cause massive consequence. This further instilled the meaning of "using your head".

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
    I'm gonna make a bullet list.

• I have been playing trombone for 7 years, and euphonium for about 3. I am proficient in both, roughly, and enjoy playing these in my school bands.
    • I also write music. I have a SoundCloud, but plugging it now is not appropriate.
    • I am deeply interested in Pokemon and its lore, but I haven't played recently.
    • I play tabletop RPG's regularly, character creation is the best part.
    • I am also a furry, if you couldn't tell by my forum picture yet. I have been for the last year, and it's given me the moderation experiences in the next question. It's also helped me figure out my sexuality, and has generally greatly improved my life.
    • I draw furry art too, but I didn't draw my forum picture.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?

• I moderated, and later, administered, a furry space opera discord server, and have been considered generally one of the better staff members on the server. However, I resigned due to personal stress being caused elsewhere. If you would like me to get you in touch with the owner of that server, please ask me.
    • I have also administered my friends furry server, but it is a rather small server. I spearheaded an operation, though, to ban a user who was breaking the rules regarding seeking attention and brickwalling, to the point of getting 67 screenshots of his behavior. If you would like to see the folder, or get in touch with that server owner, please let me know, but be aware that server owner is currently in college, and may be busy.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team?
    Honestly, the joy brought by helping out with a good community is good enough for compensation, as well as having a more direct say in server affairs in terms of options. The reward of the job is the job itself to me, although it sounds cheesy. I've always liked collaborating with people to make a great community, and I'd enjoy submitting my ideas, and lending my hand, to keep it great.