mc.dogecraft.net |

A new proposed staff position. Hear me out.

• A new proposed staff position. Please hear me out on this. "Human Resources" / Public Relations / Mediator / Secretary.

Doge has a large player base and several staff members as well as a very important owner. However, said owner does have a life. Believe it or not, his time is very valuable. While many tasks DO require his attention and his powers, not every little detail necessarily DOES require his time. Please consider this position as a "go-between" for the owner, players, staff and every combination thereof.

This position would entail:
    helping communicate the players needs,
    helping provide insight/suggest who could be promoted within staff,
    act as a mediator between players/staff etc,
    helping keep staff organized on projects,
    helping communicate goals for the projects between staff,
    communicate to the players ETAs on projects or keep them up to date on relative information "when is market coming out" or "when will CE be fixed" and while these things are sometimes unknown at least the HR would be able to give an up to date answer on this information.

Many staff are not on the same page for these answers, which is fine, we all have lives and are various degrees of busy and no one should feel bad about that. I do believe that players should be kept in the loop and to have their concerns and opinions heard and relayed to staff; that their ideas and voices are very important. While posting things on the forum or PMs to the owner are valid ways to be heard, many players feel these are not the easiest or best ways to communicate. This might be because no one checks the forums or might be because it doesn't feel like a two-way street, something proper communication ought to be.

While all these things are ultimately up to Niko, this HR position would be able to relay what he has decided in times which he is not online.

There are lots of social cliques on Doge, it's fun to hang out with friends. There are even players that don't speak English that play here. The HR should be someone that can get along with most of these groups or at least be neutral in dealing with them. This would also be the person who players can go to when they feel that the staff has wronged them or if they have issues with another player that needs resolving. Essentially a mediator.

Perms would NOT be necessary for this role, but being invited into a "staff" position would be. Things like /ban/mute/kick or even just /mute and /kick is more than what this position would require but could be valuable when no one else is online. An official "Human Resource" title would help players recognize who they can go to for these issues. While helper is also suited for some of these, it should not be left to "the lowest staff position" to handle all this organization and communication that is clearly lacking at the moment. While this position wouldn't be required to go fix griefed or lost items, they could easily redirect anyone to the appropriate staff to have the issues resolved. (If there's an available helper online there's no reason to try and ask a builder or admin to fix minor issues). Things like "WHO'S THE OWNER I NEED HIM" could easily be handled by saying "I'm not the owner but I can relay a message to him or find an appropriate staff member, if you tell me what you need.".

Thank you for hearing me out, I realize it isn't a position that has been on Doge before and it doesn't "feel" necessary but I really do want Doge to be the best place it can be. When the players aren't heard or don't feel like they are taken seriously they get discouraged and stop playing. I don't want to see any of my friends leave because they resent or are upset with how things are. For this reason, I believe this role should be created. I would toss my name into this hat to be considered for the position if you would have me. HOWEVER, if you believe I lack some of the skills needed for this position PLEASE still consider having someone fill this space in. It is a much-needed role.

Traditionally this would be put into the "apply for staff" category (please don't deny this just because it's in the ideas forum) but I am placing it here BECAUSE I want to hear the players feedback. As it would be a staff position the next post is my application.

Is this needed? Is this something you would want? Is this something that would help Doge be a better place?

TLDR; LadyForHR

Minecraft Username: LadyAnime

Discord Username (ID): LadyAnimeYuki#3114

Timezone: PST ( California USA )

Do you have access to discord and a working microphone? Yes

Do you have screenshotting software such as Gyazo, Lightshot, Imgur? Yes

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos? I could but am not set up to do so at the moment ( have been able to communicate with our Brazilian players )

Are you multilingual (Speak more than one language)? No but google translate isn't the most horrible thing

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? Lately I've been on 8-15ish hours a day. I can't say I will always be able to keep up this but Doge is my home so I check in often and anyone is free to @ me on discord at any time and I will get back to them ASAP.

What is encouraging you to become a HR on DogeCraft? Due to my level of communication and ability to mediate I believe I could be an asset to making Doge even better.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? Unsure if anyone else has even thought of this role. Feel free to comment if you believe you are up for it!

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so please include details. Perma ban from one previous server. The owner decided he didn't want me around. It was completely a personal decision as I had never received so much as a warning for anything on any server anywhere.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (Can be anything) Mistakes are made everyday, it's how you deal with them that matters. I'm assuming that's what this is really asking as I can't single out a particular mistake. I do however own up to my mistakes and fix them as best I can. All I can do everyday is keep doing my absolute best and keep moving forward.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft? I like crafts, I sew and have an embroidery machine.. I have a child that we homeschool. Oh and 10 chickens. Very good hobby, highly recommend.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience? Leadership yes. I just lead a team of 30 people ( who elected me ) to build a 600x600 area project. Maybe you've heard of it? Anyhow I managed several different teams of people during this time, builders, resource collectors, diggers etc. All of these tasks stayed as productive as possible and we were able to soft release an entire market area within a week. Yes it is still being worked on but the majority of the work has been completed and I couldn't be prouder of the team that got us there.

What would help to keep you most motivated within a staff team? To help make Doge a place where everyone feels welcome and valued.

• #lady for hr
    I fully endorse lady lol

• I sign this petition!

• Founder

Im up for it, @Niko302 dont ignore it ❤

• @pustinek 😄 oh man. this made my day!!!! ❤ and it's 5am so it's obviously going to be a good day xD thank you pustinek!!!

• pff. i dont wanna hear you out smh ❤

• I fully support this idea

#Lady for HR

• @Encro_ 😛 I'll let this slide since we had our conversation more recently thank this. I look forward to working out any remaining differences we might have ❤