mc.dogecraft.net |

Ideas for alternate ways to use money.

• Staff

Because of the fact that we cant keep adding ranks to the server, and people are gonna end up with just having millions and millions. i suggest that we find some was to keep the game challenging yet fun i suppose, so heres my ideas for how we could potentially balance the economy system a little more. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
    Ideas:

• More crates that are buyable with ingame currency)
    • taxes on residences (% depending on number of residences)
    • weekly taxes (a set % of your current bal)
      If you guys have any other ways please post them below

• I like the idea of crates.. I feel like we lack crates a lot and Mythic crates just have been sitting there for a little while but yet no updates on those. Taxes on res's would be good yes but aslong as its not too high because some people have big claims. It would be cool to be able to get a "Admin Shop" or "black market" where its a server side store where they sell cool unique items... what? not sure, but it seems cool.

• Loveeeeee LLOOOOOOVEE the idea of crates for in game currency. Hate ( no offense ) the idea of taxes. because not everyone can play at the same rate or has a way of earning lots of in game cash so you start to limit their ability just because other people have more time to dedicate to it.. but for real in game money for crates? genius. shulker boxes or shells or depending on the price even something like pets or redstone redemption papers etc... obviously make some of the more expensive stuff rare.. could even include something like cow spawners or other common animal spawners. :3 good ideas tho encro keep it up xD

• I love the idea of new crates but dislike the idea of taxes. Although it would be cool to have something to buy using ingame money.

• Staff

@MaxTheWulf @LadyAnime having the same arguments is weak, yes not everyone can play all day like the rest of us no-lifers, but as it is stated above, the size of the residence won't matter, its a % of how many residences you own, so lets say you own 1 residence it could potentially be 1% and so forth so basically as stated in the post above already your argument for not liking the idea is invalid.

and the idea behind taxes on your balance is just let's say you have 30 million, what are you supposed to use them on? nothing right, so if you have 30 million and you pay let's say 0.10% in taxes, that would be 30k a week, which is nothing compared to how much you earn in a day from the various jobs. its not like the taxes are going to be insanely high.
    cuz if the taxes were set to something like 10% that would be 3mil straight out of your pocket on the first week, which wouldn't be fair tbh.

and honestly people might not like this idea, but rented shops would also be great for lowering the amount of money on the server and currently all the money that exists on the server is a total of 435 million, which is an insane amount of money.

• I like the idea of the taxes but not in the main world so lets build on that idea, Maybe either intergrate a new world called premium which can only be accessed after paying a certain amount this world would be similar to resource but with higher concentration of resources, access to a variety of different plugins in this new world and its own nether. Players would be charged an upkeep cost to stay in that world and get booted out if they go broke or have tickets to pay for dungeon entry to get more interesting loot

• Founder

I can clearly see that you guys don't want the tax implemented :P.

• @Encro_ I like the idea of implementing rented shops, that could work actually. We have the option to set up rentable shops that have an initial price and then pay some up-keep price each week/month. We just need to figure out the best price range, and tiers.

• @OneRitzyWillow I don't think that would work as intended since brining more resource in the server could potencialy hurt the economy more. Also, not to mention, makes the whole economy thing more complex and hard to manage.

• Would it be possible to make "Contracts of Service"? A player can create and sell contracts that would allow other players to hire them for manual labor.

The contract would be a non stackable piece of paper that would contain the following:

• Cost of service (paid upon purchase of contract and placed in a security bond)
    • Type of service (i.e. building, excavation, railroad laying, art commissions etc)
    • Chunk size of proposed service
    • A "teleport" button, which the buyer would use to teleport the contractor to the buyer's location
    • A "contract fulfilled" button that is pressed by the buyer upon satisfied completion of the contract, in which the agreed cost amount is transferred from the security bond to the contractor's account
    • Expiry time of contract upon failure to fulfill contract (either due to player unavailability or unsatisfactory contract fulfillment), in which the paid amount is automatically refunded to the buyer's account. This period is to be a maximum of 1 week real time.
    • The Contract item is bound to the buyer, and can only be removed once "contract fulfilled" or "expired" is activated, at which point the item can be removed and destroyed.

Once bought, the contract would be under the buyer's complete control, since they are paying for the service.
    It would also be great if we could make the Contract Creation Interface user-friendly so that new low-ranking players can easily sell their services.

• I would like to propose taxing inactive player accounts, It punishs players who stay away for longer than a month with a slow income drain. this would help to make sure players are attentive in activity I believe

• @MadamWillow pure evil, charge the active players, drive them away.

• Tax properties via total area they occupy. This would limit the 600 x 600 chunks that are simply claimed but unused. Obviously it shouldn't be a huge tax, but it should cost you money to hoard land. And yes it's hoarding even if you "plan" on using it someday.

Lastly I'm not void of this criticism, I have a desert claim that is larger than necessary and I still believe that this would be a good implementation. Just my 2 cents. I'm fine with no tax, but damn is there a ton of claimed land that isn't being used.

• I actually think this entire problem has sorted itself honestly... our bal top isn't crazy high and with banks disabled no one is hoarding cash. Because of new spawners we have seen deflation in "valued" rare items. Yes still on new crates. 250k + more votes = better rewards. I don't wanna tax players in any way because taxes are for adults and most of our players are young ๐Ÿ˜› but for the real I think it's a bit much for people that can't play as often or feel they have no way of making cash.. property tax or no. What I would LOVE to see now that we have played for a while on here ( 1.14 ) and seen deflation in the economy... is.... -drum roll- an NPC that can change spawner type ๐Ÿ˜„ you bring him 20 eggs plus spawner Plus like a couple mil? he changes spawner type. only viable for passive mobs and certain hostile mobs. this is all a rough idea - of course Niko gets the say in these things... but I think we need to encourage: voting, spending money ( in game and irl /donatedpls) and having fun ;3 just my thoughts

• I have a few ideas for the Land Tax based on land size.
    For those who have farms, grinders or player-built markets, an entry fee may be set and charged to other players teleporting to these residences who are not added as co-builders, to allow for maintenance of these areas without putting too much stress on the landowner.
    The frequency of the land tax is also important, too frequent would be a hassle, so I suggest every month on a certain day. This may lead to players reserving something for a near month, then unres before land tax is due, but at least this means they are active.
    To enforce against hoarding, we could allocate an investigator to travel to players /res and inspect the lands, reporting back on a case-by-case basis on whether the land is being properly utilised. Nature preservation does not count, since we already have /resource that gets reset every now and then.
    The idea is to encourage players to only reserve the space that they need for building, expand when they really need to, and to build immediately once reserved.

• Quick Warning: I'm tired while writing this and I'm on a phone. So... You're probably going to get lost. I'll make a better explanation soon.

I'm like, days late to this convo. But as recent times have shown, I may as well throw my 2ยข as well. Now, the current economy AFTER adding a new rank has really well smoothed out compared to before. But at the moment, we will gain a ton of money again. It'll be a few months pirobably, but we DO need a money sink. Now, money sinks can float or... well... sink. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll go back to the current state that's the main topic. Taxes.

Taxes is both a good and bad idea. This all depends on how we do it. As mentioned above, we do have a current problem with people claiming HUGE chunks of land and either not do a thing about said land, or go inactive. This causes lots of problems as newer people who already seem to struggle to get their footing, are just getting kicked down further just cause they made their first house. This is what you want to avoid, yes you may lose a tiny bit of your balance, but when you're beginning, losing your balance hurts unless you spent it yourself.

How to possibly appropriately add taxes you may ask? Well, I'm not 100% on this, nor am I terrific at math or if this is possible. But instead of creating a land and suddenly be taxed, how about: "X amount of Land ร— Y amount of total space รท Z average space" and this gets applied after you reach so many claims.

In terms of math this doesn't add up well and is honestly terrible. Now for certain res's that might as well be cannon res's (basically Core Residents) they aren't taxed as these residents aren't just made for them but to be distributed out to the community. Residents such as: grindingmobs, Blazes, BlackMarket, and wheat .

That's all I can think of at the moment. But that's my current cents in the jar. I'll throw some more in later.